During severe weather conditions or expected severe weather conditions, staff will assess weather conditions, utilize forecast predictions, evaluate road conditions, etc. to make a reasonable decision relate to closing 125 LIVE.
The following are example scenarios of emergencies during which 125 LIVE will be closed:
· over eight inches of snow falls overnight
· electricity and / or heat (in the winter) is out
· flooding affects transportation
· State of Minnesota declares a weather emergency and asks people to stay off the roads.
The following weather conditions will be also taken into consideration:
· wind chill factor
· expected forecast
· measurable snow or forecasted snow fall
· sleet and freezing rain or forecasted
· blizzard conditions or forecasted
· winter storm warning predictions, when confidence is high that a winter storm will produce heavy snow, sleet or freezing rain will have a significant impact
· staffing issues that could prevent safe member access
The decision to be closed will be made by 11:59 pm the evening before by Operations Director or Executive Director. If facility remains open, OD or ED reserve the right to cancel all the programming.
Following Governor Waltz’s executive order 125 LIVE is CLOSED until May 1, 2020.
Follow our updates on the 125 LIVE Facebook Page.