During severe weather conditions or expected severe weather conditions, staff will assess weather conditions, utilize forecast predictions, evaluate road conditions, etc. to make a reasonable decision relate to closing 125 LIVE.
The following are example scenarios of emergencies during which 125 LIVE will be closed:
· over eight inches of snow falls overnight
· electricity and / or heat (in the winter) is out
· flooding affects transportation
· State of Minnesota declares a weather emergency and asks people to stay off the roads.
The following weather conditions will be also taken into consideration:
· wind chill factor
· expected forecast
· measurable snow or forecasted snow fall
· sleet and freezing rain or forecasted
· blizzard conditions or forecasted
· winter storm warning predictions, when confidence is high that a winter storm will produce heavy snow, sleet or freezing rain will have a significant impact
· staffing issues that could prevent safe member access
The decision to be closed will be made by 11:59 pm the evening before by Operations Director or Executive Director. If facility remains open, OD or ED reserve the right to cancel all the programming.